Monday, November 14, 2005
Flu Shot
10-23-2005 Steve Martin receives the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor from the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
11-3-2005 I receive a flu shot.
11-8-2005 I come down with a sore throat and other flu-like symptoms.
11-9-2005 PBS Broadcast of Steve Martin receiving the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor from the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
11-11-2005 Home from work with the flu, I see a re-broadcast of Steve Martin receiving the Mark Twain Prize. Excerpts from a Washington Post story on the event:
In receiving the award, Martin called it "the only significant American award for comedy -- except for money."
He added: "When I look at the list of people given this award it makes me satisfied. When I see the list of those who haven't been given the award it makes me even more satisfied."
He then pulled a slip of paper from his pocket, to read his favorite Twain "quote": "For God's sake, please don't name an award after me."
11-14-2005 I make this blog entry and note that the late J. Reuben Clark (international lawyer, statesman, LDS Church leader) was opposed to graduate degrees being offered at Brigham Young University. I know this from materials I read while attending the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment