Tuesday, November 22, 2005
FHE
I went to my family home evening group Monday. We all had a nice time. It seems most of the people there were from Utah or Idaho originally, but I'm not sure about all of them. They are in Boston doing a variety of things - - Accencture consultant, software engineer, Raytheon employee, editor (or seeking work as an editor, putting postage labels on manilla envelopes and other odd jobs for now), school counselor / graduate student, physician's assistant, employee at the Harvard alumni association, interior designer. An interesting and nice group of people. From the interior designer we learned that a good way to get inexpensive furniture is through a liquidator for hotel furniture - - especially if you know someone with connections who knows when a nice hotel is getting rid of furniture. You never know what tidbits you'll pick up here at The Greg Jones Blog.
At home I watched the last portion of "Honeymoon in Vegas." a movie from the early 90s with Nicholas Cage, Sarah Jessica Parker, James Caan, Pat Morita, and Peter Boyle. I first saw this movie on a flight back to Utah from the east coast. I was a bit weary from the business trip I'd been on, and the movie was a breath of fresh air, it is a Greg Jones favorite. The tagline for the movie is "A comedy about one bride, two grooms, and 34 flying Elvises." Now who wouldn't just love a movie like that? Watch it some time and see what you think.
Another Greg Jones favorite is "Joe v. The Volcano." It stars Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, and Meg Ryan, and Meg Ryan. Meg Ryan plays 3 roles - - I had no idea who she was when I watched the movie. I had little idea about anything when I watched the movie. In the months leading up to the bar exam my entire being had been folded, spindled, and mutilated as I finished law school, worked a couple of part-time jobs, and had other things going on as well. My brain was fried. I was pacing around outside during the middle of a sunny day in July, trying to memorize material for the bar exam, and suddenly no more information would entire my brain. I had not been exercising for weeks, I had not been doing anything other than work, bar prep, and church stuff. I went to the dollar movies. I had heard of "Joe v. The Volcano" from a friend, so I chose that one. That July afternoon it was one of the most moving films I had ever seen. It still remains a favorite of mine. Check it out some time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment