Thursday, February 16, 2006
One Fin
Tonight I ate a quick dinner at food court of the Provo mall. I had some Chinese food from Panda Express, which is serviceable as a fast food version of Chinese food for Americans on the go, but which unbelievably has been recognized as Provo's best Chinese restaurant. I topped of this meal with a hot fudge sundae off of McDonald's one dollar menu. The entire cost of the meal was about $5.50 or so. I was reminded of a dinner group I belonged to while I was in school. There were anywhere from 6 to 9 people in this group at any one time. Each week each of us would put money into the pot, those who were to cook meals that week would then submit their shopping lists, those who were assigned to buy groceries would go shopping and stash what they could in the girls' apartment and the remainder in the guys' apartments, and this took care of dinner for Monday through Friday, perhaps even Saturday. The amount of money we each put in the pot each week was $5.
NOTE: This entry relates to experiences that took place on February 16, but was posted on March 7.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment