Saturday, February 18, 2006
Chick Flick Phenomenon
I visited with some friends after a party, and we began talking about Chick Flicks we like. This was not too remarkable for them, as they are "chicks." I impressed them quite a bit, however, by listing favorites such as "Kate and Leopold," "Notting Hill," "Anne of Green Gables," "Jerry Maguire," "Sleepless in Seattle," and "You've Got Mail." I had to confess that my amazing sensitivity has its limits. "Sleepless in Seattle" featured several clips from "An Affair to Remember," a movie starring Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. I taped the movie when it showed up on AMC's movie channel a few years back. I took out the tape, sat down to watch it, and grew increasingly restless - - nothing was happening, I mean nothing! I finally couldn't take it anymore, and turned off the TV. I'd met my match . . .
NOTE: This entry relates to experiences that took place on February 18, but was posted on March 9.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment