Friday, February 17, 2006
No One Under 31 Admitted
On each of the first four Friday's of each month the LDS Church in Utah County holds a dance for single adults, age 31 and over (at times way over). I don't attend these "rhythmic ceremonial rituals" much, but tonight I had an assignment to help set up chairs and to assist with the all-important matter of refreshments. On those occasions when I have attended the dances, I have observed with interest a sign emphasizing that the dance is only for those 31 and over. Is there a concern that those under 31 have some burning desire to join in the fun and crash the dance? Would those selling the $4 tickets at the door actually "card" someone who appeared to be "under-age?" Tonight I had the opportunity to attend the pre-dance meeting where people were briefed on their assignments, and I learned that the "only 31 and over" policy is not actually enforced. So what is the purpose of the sign? The intended message is essentially this: Caveat Emptor.
NOTE: This entry relates to experiences that took place on February 17, but was posted on March 9.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment