Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Street Rep

If there are any among my vast readership who read my February 24 entry and went away believing I am an easy mark, they need to think again. Today I entered a conference room we had scheduled for a meeting, but others were already in the room. I asked what they were doing there, a jaded man looked at me from behind the screen of his notebook computer, and then dispassionately asserted that his group had scheduled the room through the next thirty minutes. I looked at his impassive eyes, and concluded he was not going to say another word. I quickly checked the online schedule for the building, and saw that my group was the only group scheduled for the room. I so advised the man, he sensed my resolve, and the intruders departed without further incident. Note: I had this experience on March 7, and posted this writing on March 22, 2006.

No comments: