Saturday, March 11, 2006
Payson Place
An LDS stake in Payson, Utah held a clinic this Saturday morning for Spanish-speaking members of the community. The majority of the clinic provided various health care services, but the clinic also provided information on English classes, employment services, and legal help. I was one of four people on the legal panel. My friend David was on the panel – he is the city attorney in Payson and learned Spanish on a mission to Puerto Rico. An attorney from a Salt Lake City firm, who also learned Spanish on his mission, was also there. Maria, another panel member, is a licensed attorney in Bolivia. Surprisingly, not on person asked for help with intellectual property or software licensing issues, so I was of minimal help. This was the first time the clinic had been held, but it was well attended and the participants seemed to enjoy the event.
Note: This relates to an experience of March 11, but I wrote this on March 26, 2006, and posted in on March 27, 2006.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment