Monday, March 6, 2006

A Conundrum

I recently concocted a hypothetical situation that I have posed to several single women, and I have been surprised at their near-inability to grapple with the question. The hypothetical is admittedly derived in part from a Seinfeld episode in which Jerry and Elaine arrange a blind date for George and a friend of Elaine. The hypothetical is something like this: Suppose you know two men, you approve of both of them, you find them attractive, you are very interested in them, and they are very interested in you. However, it seems the two men are identical in every way, so you find it impossible to choose between the two. As you struggle with your need to make a choice, you learn that the two men are different, but in only one way - - one can jump significantly higher than the other. Which man do you choose? Why? Note: This relates to an experience of March 6, but I posted this on March 22, 2006.

No comments: