Thursday, March 2, 2006

Equal Time

Tonight I heard a speech on preventative health, which was focused in large part on diet. Our speaker emphasized buying (and eating) fresh fruits and vegetables, different vitamins and supplements, and so forth. I am sure all of this was sound advice, but afterward wondered whether I should have asked if she would welcome a contrasting view, and if receptive I could have offered insights such as: “You’ve had a long day. You have a pan of fudge brownies with walnuts on your kitchen counter, and a package of mint chocolate chip ice cream in the freezer. I’d recommend you put a big brownie in a bowl, place a couple of large scoops or mint chocolate chip ice cream on the brownie, and then enjoy! You may even want to have a second helping!” NOTE: I had this experience on March 2, and wrote this entry on March 15.

No comments: