Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Reggie Jackson
I found a Gold's Gym in Seaside, about 5 miles from where I was staying in Carmel. I had called the gym the week before and learned the prices were pretty reasonable, so I had found my workout spot. Once in the gym, I learned that the Seaside gym is owned by Reggie Jackson. There is a modest collection of framed newspaper stories and photos of Reggie on one of the walls. There is an old black and white poster of Arnold Schwarzennegger with some grandmothers at a beach, and the seated grandmothers are probing Arnold's biceps as he leans over and flexes for them. There is a 1952 black and white poster of Marilyn Monroe working out in a locker room in Hollywood, bench pressing with a couple of dumbbells. It's a nice gym.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment