Thursday, December 8, 2005
Legos Christmas
A few years ago I was at my sister's for Christmas. My parents were in town, my brothers were there. Most of the adults were planning to go out to a movie on Christmas night. I was in the middle of helping one of my nephews, who must have been about 6 or 7 at the time, with some Legos toys he had been given from Christmas. He had 1 or 2 Legos sets for something like a race track or roller coaster, and there were somewhat involved instructions for building these things. I thought to myself "You can be a great uncle by staying home from the movie and helping your nephew with these Legos." Being the fantastic uncle that I am, I obviously stayed home. About 5 or 10 minutes after the adults had gone to the movie, my nephew grew anxious, and the following exchange ensued.
Nephew: Uncle Greg, how long is it going to take for us to finish setting this up?
Uncle Greg: About 45 or 60 minutes.
Nephew: I don't have time for stuff like this!!!
My nephew made a quick exit out of the room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment