Sunday, December 25, 2005
Christmas Day
I had a wonderful Christmas at the home of my sister and her husband. Also there were my parents and my brothers. My niece and nephews really made the day with their energy and excitement. I gave each of my brothers electric trimmers for nose hair / ear hair / "unibrow hair" / side burns / moustaches. My nephews took delight as my older brother gave a live demonstration of using this contraption to cut unwanted nose hair. My sister received a video called "Millions," which we all enjoyed watching during the afternoon. Later, we all ate a delicious Christmas dinner in the evening.
As this Christmas took place on Sunday, we started off the day with a 10 am Church service. There was a choir, stringed instruments, and congregational singing. We were seated on the front row of the chapel, and to my right a man was booming out the congregational numbers with more than a bit of gusto but not necessarily a lot of pitch or control. I made the mistake of taking a quick look to my left, where I saw my sister's husband grinning a bit over the singing from the the right side of the chapel, and then saw the chorister herself possibly straining to confine her facial expressions to a pleasant smile. This brought me to the brink of disaster, I almost lost it, but was able to hold on. Shortly thereafter a man gave a talk, and mentioned how wonderful it was to have visitors in the chapel, and especially to hear a member of the congregration able to sing with his father - - the father would happen to be that man who was singing with such gusto to my right. That was a close one . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment