Wednesday, December 7, 2005
Potpurri for $500
I was in Reagan National Airport recently. There were many Americans there.
I am not sure whether the man driving my cab was an American, or even a cab driver. His English was pretty limited, as was his knowledge of the area. We arrived at my destination by my feeding to directions to the driver, and I received those directions by cell phone from a colleague located at my destination and equipped with a cell phone and notebook computer that has a wireless Internet connection.
In Boston I drove from the airport to Books and Basketball, taking Columbia Road. This took me by Walter R. White Square. This also took me places where I had to make sure my car was locked. On the way home traffic on I-95 northbound was excruciatingly slow as a result of an accident that shut down all but one lane of the freeway at one point. The slowness was made worse by "gaper's delay," a term I first heard from my boss the summer I worked in Chicago.
A colleague sent a link with bizarre plane accidents. Here it is: http://www.airmunn.com/oops.htm.
My office walls in Waltham are bare. Someone said I should hang an Escher poster on the wall. Here is a sample: www.mcescher.com/Gallery/recogn-bmp/LW435.jpg.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment