Friday, October 28, 2005
Learning Stuff
Starting about a year ago, with lapses here and there (and everywhere?), each day I have tried to learn 1 or 2 things from the Dictionary of Cultural Literacy. In a future blog entry (can't do it now, got to get to work), I'll explain how this started. As a result of last night's effort, were I to appear on Jeopardy, I think I would do well with the folowing answers.
A. The smallest state in the United States.
Q. What is Rhode Island, Alex?
A. A technical term for a type of psychosis, used informally to refer to split personality problems.
Q. What is schizophrenia, Alex?
Of course, that last one brings to mind some wonderful poetry recited by Bill Murray as the title character in "What About Bob?"
"Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment